No one wants to work for, or partner with, an organization that is casual about worker safety. At LNIBDC we accept responsibility for ensuring the safety of our employees as well as the employees of those who may periodically work on our lands. Similarly we demand our business partners to provide a safe environment for any LNIBDC staff who may be entrusted to their care while providing services or products.
The occupational health and safety of all staff and contractors is of paramount importance at LNIBDC, and we walk the talk:
- The LNIBDC Safety Manual is comprehensive and up to date.
- A copy of the Safety Manual is provided to all LNIBDC employees and contractors, who also sign a form acknowledging they have received, read and understood the Manual.
- A copy of the Safety Manual is in every LNIBDC vehicle.
- Shulus Forest Enterprises Inc. is Safe Certified for woodlands activities.
- LNIBDC is in good standing with Worksafe BC.
- LNIBDC is a member of the First Nations Safety Council of BC.
- All staff have S100A Fire Suppression Training
- Sll staff have Level 1 First Aid with Transportation Endorsement
- Shulus Forest Enterprises Inc. is Safe Certified under the BC Forest Safety Council-Safe Companies program
- Shulus Forest Enterprises Inc. is a member of two safety certification organizations: ISN Networld and Aveta
LNIBDC employees and contractors did not lose a single day of work due to accident or injury in 2016.
LNIBDC endorses and wholeheartedly supports the First Nations Safety Council. We encourage all partners to do the same for the valuable association. Click to learn more about the First Nations Safety Council