At LNIBDC we accept responsibility for ensuring the safety of our employees as well as the employees of those who may periodically work on our lands. Similarly we demand our business partners to provide a safe environment for any LNIBDC staff who may be entrusted to their care while providing services or products.
The occupational health and safety of all staff and contractors is of paramount importance at LNIBDC:
- The LNIBDC Safety Manual is a living document, being updated every year
- A copy of the Safety Manual is provided to all LNIBDC employees and contractors,
- Safety forms and documents are digitally stored in a program called SiteDocs
- Shulus Forest Enterprises Inc. is Safe Certified for woodland activities
- LNIBDC is in good standing with Worksafe BC
- LNIBDC is a member of the First Nations Safety Council of BC.
- All staff are always up to date with the latest training
- Shulus Forest Enterprises Inc. is Safe Certified under the BC Forest Safety Council-Safe Companies program
- Shulus Forest Enterprises Inc. is a member of two safety certification organizations: ISN Networld and Avetta
LNIBDC endorses and wholeheartedly supports the First Nations Safety Council. We encourage all partners to do the same for the valuable association. Click to learn more about the First Nations Safety Council