We work with those that share our vision and values, encourage initiative, and are committed to a positive, working environment.
Indigenous Economic Stability Through Authentic Partnerships
As the business entity of the Lower Nicola Indian Band, LNIB Development Corporation is focused on growing the economic footprint of its stakeholders. Partnerships and joint ventures make up LNIB Dev. Corp’s portfolio. Together, these businesses offer reciprocal benefits to the LNIB community.
We share a personal and professional commitment to protecting the health and safety of our employees, contractors, and the communities in which we operate.
We Offer Diverse Business Opportunities
To ensure future economic growth and wealth development, LNIB Development Corp. is open to a broad range of business partnerships and joint ventures.
Find out what LNIB can offer your business by contacting our team.
LNIBDC companies have a long, proud history in the forestry industry. We provide services in the forest sector such as Timber Cruising, Block layout, Road Development and much more. See Shulus Forest Enterprises
LNIBDC has access to multiple properties perfect for aggregate material production. Easy transportation potential make this a great business opportunity.
The Transportation Gateway to Interior and Coastal B.C.
Situated approximately 270 kilometers northeast of Vancouver, LNIB and the adjacent City of Merritt are the first major communities encountered after traveling along the Coquihalla (Hwy 5) and acts as the gateway to all other major highways, linking the west coast to the B.C. Interior.
This strategic location can provide reduced transportation costs and increased access to markets to the businesses operating within the Lower Nicola Valley.
Partnering with LNIBDC has given us a strategic advantage that has let us bid more aggressively on contracts and secure substantial business growth, even through tough economic times.
Nate Schick, Boost2Business Marketing
Looking for work opportunities? Visit our job board.
Enhancing culture, safety & environment in the community we live and work
The LNIB Development Corp. Vision
Our vision at LNIBDC is to achieve excellence in the following five areas:
- Workplace Safety. We provide a safe workplace for our employees with no exceptions and no excuses.
- Environmental excellence. We will protect our Land and Waters according to Nlaka’pamux values.
- Sustainable employment for our LNIB people. We will work with LNIB contractors and entrepreneurs whenever possible, and always be on the lookout for opportunities to increase LNIB employment, year over year.
- Sustainable financial growth for our LNIB shareholder. We will operate profitable businesses to ensure the success and growth of LNIBDC and to provide a financial return to our LNIB shareholder in the form of a dividend, or cash disbursement.
- Quality of work. As a forestry and civil/construction service provider, we strive for excellence in the quality of work that we provide to our customers.
The LNIB Development Corp. Mission
At LNIBDC our mission is to make life better for LNIB people by building strong, sustainable businesses at our Development Corporation.
Businesses that will provide employment and training opportunities, generate dividends for the Band, support local initiatives and make our community proud of us.